A great choice to get children to eat beets.
- Leave roots intact and 2 inches of the tops, so your baby beets won't bleed.
- Start with two 2" beets per serving and place in a medium saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil. then simmer. Start checking for doneness after only 12 minutes.
- When a knife slips in easliy, remove from heat, drain and rinse under cold water until they can be handled.
- Wearing kitchen gloves, slip off the peels, roots and tops with your fingers, slice and return to saucepan.
- Add a teaspoon of sweet butter per serving, add salt and pepper to taste.